Last Updated on 22nd Oct 2018
This is my curated list of iOS related programming resources. I will try to keep this as up-to-date as I can.
- Apple Documentation
- iPhone Dev 101
- Stack Overflow
- iOS Fonts
- WWDC Videos
- #iphonedev, #swift-lang, #cocoa-init on freenode IRC
- Practical Swift
- Swift Blog (Apple)
Blogs & Podcasts
- NSBlog - Mike Ash
- Rapture in Venice
- Alexander Edge's Blog
- iOS Dev Weekly
- Erica Sadun's Blog
- Florian Kugler's Blog
- Matt Galloway's Blog
- F*ing Block Syntax - Block syntax cheat sheet, URL is NSFW, but site is ok.
- Hamster Emporium
- Borkware Blog
- We ❤ Swift
- This Week in Swift - Weekly newsletter about the goings on in the Swift community
- Soroush Khanlou's Blog - I love some of his thoughts on view controllers
- Ben Sandofsky's Blog
- Fatal Error Podcast
- The Swift Programming Language
- Design Patterns - Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software (Gang of Four)
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
- Visual Studio Code - Excellent Code Editor, supports Swift via an extension.
- Reveal - Web inspector like tool for iOS development.
- AppCode - Alternate IDE, it has it's ups and downs.
- PaintCode - Draw graphics and convert to CoreGraphics calls.
- CodeRunner - Run code snippets and experiment without building a whole new project.
- Sketch - Good app for designing pixel-perfect iOS graphics.
- Coffitivity - Ambient noise for creative people (sounds like you are in a coffee shop).
- NatureSpace - Ambient noise (nature themed)
- Base - GUI for editing and examining SQL/SQLite data stores
- RESTed - Tool for testing HTTP requests and API
- ASCIIwwdc - Full searchable transcripts of WWDC sessions
- Pixelmator - Excellent Mac only image editor
- Nomad - A set of scripts to assist with iOS deployment and debugging tasks.
- CocoaPods - Dependency Management for Xcode Projects.
- FauxPas - Inspects your project file and warns about possible bugs, as well as about maintainability and style issues.
- Pttrns - Design showcase, good for getting inspired.
- Dribbble - Again another design website, I use this to come up with ideas.
- PatternCraft - A short video series that explains software design patterns with the game StarCraft.
- Game Programming Patterns - Software development patterns for game design.
- That Thing in Swift - A site for help on translating patterns from Objective-C to Swift.
- Handmade Hero - A video series on building a game from scratch. it's for Windows, but I still find it fascinating.
- SubtlePatterns - Royalty free patterns and textures.
- SimpleDesktops - I feel that a good wallpaper can help me get into a working mood
- Freesound - Creative Commons licensed audio content
- SwiftyJSON - A Better way to parse JSON in Swift
- CocoaConf - Excellent iOS/Mac dev conference with lots of locations, I have gone several times and highly recommend it.
- 360 iDev